The Dillon RL550C is the most versatile reloading machine in the Dillon Precision Products line. It will accommodate the widest variety of cartridges from 32 ACP up to 338 Lapua, 416 Rigby, and 460 Weatherby.
The "C" designation indicates a significant design change. The upper link arm pivot pins are now threaded in place, and have a grease groove around the pin that connects with a lube hole on the end of the pin. You can use a needle fitting on a grease gun to lubricate the upper pivot pins now.
The Machine is shown with options:
Options shown are as follows:
Handgun carbide die set
550 Strong Mount #22051
aluminium Roller Handle #17950
Low Powder Sensor #16306
aluminium Bullet Tray #22214
Toolholder with wrenches #11541
Empty Case Bin & Bracket #11185
The basic RL550C includes:
- Machine only without calibre conversion kit
- Powder measure with standard large and small powder bars (small installed). The small bar throws from 2.1 to 15 grains of powder. The large bar throws up to 55 to 60 grains of powder.
- 1 priming system with large and small priming parts.
- 1 large and 1 small primer pick up tube
- Low Primer Alarm
- 1 toolhead
- 1 powder die
- 1 loaded cartridge catch bin
- 1 written instruction manual
- 1 set of standard Allen wrenches
You will also need (at a minimum):
- Die set (dies are not included with the base unit)
- Calibre conversion kit
- Powder scale
- Reloading Handbook
- Dial caliper
- Primer flip tray
- Case lube (for bottleneck cartridges)
I suggest that you also get:
- Dillon dies, which are designed for high speed use.
- Extra primer pick-up tubes, if loading more than 100 - 200 rounds per sitting.
- If you are loading more than 500 rounds per reloading session, then the RF-100 Electric Primer Filler is an accessory well worth considering.
- A machine cover to keep the unit dust free.
To change calibres, you will need:
- A Die set for the new calibre.
- A Calibre Conversion Kit.
- If you have the optional electric casefeeder you may need a different casefeed plate.
If you want to leave your dies preset, you'll need:
- Toolhead (#13909)
- Powder die (#20064)
- OR the 550 Quick Change (#22058),which includes a powder measure, powder die, toolhead and a toolhead stand. This allows you to leave your dies and powder charge set up and dedicated to a specific cartridge for faster, easier calibre changes.
BenefitsThe RL550C has a manually indexed shellplate making it easier to master the various steps of reloading. Manual indexing also gives the operator greater control over each individual step in the loading process. Calibre changes are simple and require fewer parts than other machines which makes it less expensive to convert to another cartridge.
Case FeederAn automatic casefeed system, similar to the one used on Dillon's commercial-grade Super 1050 machine and the XL 650, is now available for YOUR RL 550B or C! You simply dump a quart of cases into the hopper and turn it on. The motor-driven disc fills the case feed tube, a micro-switch shuts off the motor when the tube is full, and automatically restarts it when low. This case feeder only works for the handgun calibres listed under the casefeed calibre conversions. Rifle cases are too tall to feed with this system.
Large Pistol Casefeeder
Small Pistol Casefeeder
How it Works
Reloading with Dillon’s RL 550C is Easy as 1-2-3!
Most shooters realize that reloading is the most economical way to enjoy their sport, but many shooters are unaware of just how simple it is to reload. In fact, Dillon’s RL 550C is the easiest progressive loader in the world to learn to reload with. How can we make that statement? Simple. Since all of the reloading steps are performed with a stroke of the handle, there is less to remember (or forget) than with an old-fashioned single-station press. Skeptical? Just watch this short video to see how easy it really is.
Of all the steps in reloading, the adjustment of the reloading dies is the most critical. With the Dillon RL 550C’s removable toolhead, your dies will stay in perfect adjustment. There’s no need to screw them in and out even when changing calibres! The RL 550C functions perfectly with any standard 7/8” x 14 die set. There’s less to go wrong, less to remember.
It’s Your Choice
You can struggle along with a slow, cumbersome single-station press with all its adjustments, changes and secrets, or make your life easier with a progressive RL 550C. If you’re thinking about a competitor’s reloader, before you put your money down, consider this: Dillon will let you try the RL 550C for 30 days. If it doesn’t live up to our claims, or your expectations, return it. We’ll refund your money. Our warranty is simple: If it breaks, we’ll fix it FREE for as long as you own it.
|Country of Manufacture||United States|
|Bullet Weight Range||No|
Here To Help
Courier Delivery - All International Orders
Returns Period - 60 Days
Same Day Dispatch - Order Before 4pm GMT
Order Before 4pm